We are hiring a part-time (16 hours/week) crew member for our 2022 season, which runs from February through June. Spring Forth Farm is a seasonal micro- flower farm selling directly to florists. We are a team of three (Megan, Jonathan, and you) so working with us means you will be integral to our farm’s success. The bulk of the work will be harvesting and processing flowers, but crew member’s duties will include all farm tasks. We pay $15/hour. Prior farm experience is not required.
While we prefer to hire a single crew member for the season, we are open to hiring two crew members at 8 hours per week each, so if you are only able to work two days a week, please still let us know that you are interested.
This job is a good fit for you if you are curious about flowers, eager to learn, and detail oriented: We grow dozens of crops and achieve the highest quality by handling each crop according to its individual needs. There is a lot to learn and the details are important to us and to our customers. No one does everything perfectly, including us! To excel at harvesting flowers, you must be open to constructive feedback and willing to learn from your successes and mistakes.
- Harvesting and processing flowers
- Preparing beds and clearing out beds
- Other farm projects
- February through June 2022 (exact start and end dates TBD)
- 4 hours per day, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- Days may be reduced at start and end of season
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to work as a team (we prefer to work together when possible because it’s more fun, but often we have to work independently)
- Ability to work independently, exercise judgment, and stay focused on the task at hand
- Able to perform repetitive tasks quickly and efficiently, even when it’s monotonous
- Able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Must be physically fit (able to work on your feet, bent over, squatting) and able to engage in repetitive motions, such as clipping flowers using pruners
- Willing to work in any weather conditions
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Must be comfortable around our do
- Farm experience is not required
- Extra flowers and veggies
Welcome to Spring Forth Farm, a small, family farm in Hurdle Mills, NC. We grow dozens of varieties of special spring flowers for local floral professionals. Our flowers and foliages are available each spring, March through June.
We are committed to drawing from a wide range of ecologically-friendly farming practices, including no-till, to grow outstanding cut flowers. We offer weekly deliveries to local florists and designers and also sell through the Piedmont Wholesale Flowers cooperative.