Spring Forth Farm provides bulk flowers and foliage for “Do It Yourself (DIY)” weddings. Please read the FAQ below. Be sure to check out our DIY Photo Gallery for ideas and inspiration. Interested in DIY reception flowers but want a professional to make your ceremony flowers? You can always buy DIY flower and foliage buckets from the farm and bouquets from a florist or designer. One of these excellent florists may be able to help you.
Is Spring Forth Farm the right fit for my wedding flowers?
- We pride ourselves in bringing you the freshest possible bulk flowers and foliage for DIY weddings and events. We are a good fit for brides with a broad color palette. Our happiest clients are flexible about their flower colors and appreciate that our flowers are vibrant and seasonal and come straight off the farm.
I have a specific look and certain colors in mind. How does that work?
- Our DIY buckets are “farmer’s choice.” We don’t take color requests for DIY buckets.
Does buying Spring Forth Farm DIY flowers mean I have to make my own bouquets and boutonnieres, etc?
- Not at all. Just remember it isn’t all or nothing: you can have a florist or designer make your ceremony flowers and arrange your own reception flowers using Spring Forth Farm flowers, or you can go all out and do a totally DIY wedding. Whichever direction you are leaning towards we are here to help you figure it out. We will be happy to provide DIY flower and foliage buckets and we work closely with these florists and designers who support local flower farms.
If I pick up my flowers on Thursday, will they last until Saturday?
- Don’t worry, you don’t need to keep your flowers in the fridge. Just keep them out of the sun and wind and away from pets. An air-conditioned room is best, but a sheltered area on the porch is OK, too. As long as the flowers have lots of water they will last through your wedding weekend no problem.
Do you deliver?
- You can pick up your flowers at the farm or, for a fee, we will deliver within Durham, Orange, and Person Counties as well as to Mebane and Burlington. If you need delivery outside of this area, please contact us to see if we can come up with a creative solution to meet your needs. There is a $400 minimum order for delivery.
Is there a minimum Order?
- Spring Forth Farm has $400 minimum order for delivery of your wedding order. There is no minimum order for pick up at the farm.
Will the flowers fit in my car?
- It depends on the size of your order, but station wagon, SUV, or van is the best way to transport flowers. Three buckets of flowers may fill up the back seat of your car. When you’re driving, make sure you protect your flowers from the wind. AC helps. Never transport flowers in the open back of a pickup truck or in a car with the windows down.
How do I book my weekend?
- Our weekends can book up. To reserve your flowers, we require payment in advance for 50% of your total bill. This payment is non-refundable. Please contact us to reserve your wedding flowers.
What kinds of flowers are in a bucket?
- We pick you a mix of the freshest flowers in bloom that week. The exact combination of flowers varies based on what is in bloom that week. Contact us to find out what is blooming around the time of your wedding.
Do your buckets contain foliage too?
- We offer a foliage bucket that is separate from our DIY flower bucket. This is a popular add-on with our DIY clients.
How many buckets do I need for my wedding?
- We don’t count the number of stems in our DIY buckets, but it is generally around 80. How many arrangements that makes depends on your specific style, but most people will fill 5-7 wide-mouth quart mason jars from each bucket.
What do I need to arrange the flowers?
- Arranging flowers is fun to do with your friends. For a fun and stress-free experience, allow yourselves a couple hours, have some helpers, and make sure you have access to water, good scissors or clippers, and a place to dispose of your leaves and stem trimmings.
Am I crazy to take this on right before my wedding?
- Not at all. Arranging your own flowers is a fun way to spend time with friends or family. Many brides enjoy having flower-arranging parties with their girlfriends as part of the wedding events. Just make sure you allow plenty of time and space so you are able to enjoy yourselves. But remember it’s not all-or-nothing. When you place your order, we’ll be happy to talk about any part of the flowers you’d like us to take care of.
I want to do my own arranging, but I’m not sure how. Can you help?
- We don’t offer help with the arranging, but you don’t need lessons in order to make beautiful arrangements for your wedding. With our flowers, friends, and a couple hours so you don’t feel rushed, you can make beautiful arrangements for your wedding and have a lot of fun doing it. You can see examples from our past DIY clients on our DIY Gallery.
If you don’t see the answer to your question, please contact us.